Saturday, August 6, 2022

               Nelson newsletter

August 2022

“But I do not consider my life of any account as dear to myself, so that I may finish my course and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify solemnly of the gospel of the grace of God.” Acts 5:29-32

Dear Saints,

We all want to hear the Lord Jesus tell us, “Well done good and faithful servant,” when we see Him. I turn 70 next month, causing me to reflect on finishing the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus. I want to be like the apostle Paul and finish well. Danelle and I are still passionately committed to testifying of the gospel of the grace of God. Here is someone who finished well…


Herschel’s Legacy “Our good friend and mentor, Herschel Martindale, went home to be with the Lord Jesus last month. Herschel lived a life totally committed to the Lord and the great commission- to make disciples of all the nations. We met Herschel during an outreach at Clemson in August of 1973. He and his wife, Mardean (both on the right in the photo) invited us to live with them in Houston, Texas during the summer of 1974 for training and evangelism. They inspired us to start a church in Clemson, from which other churches were birthed in the Carolinas, Georgia, and throughout Ukraine. God used Herschel to impact the world, including Danelle and me! I’m in the dark blue shirt! 😊



Herschel was a great friend who believed in us from the day we met on the campus, even though we were young and immature. He even drove all the way from Houston to marry Danelle and I on May 10th, 1975. These verses describe his life, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith; in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.” 2 Timothy 4:7-8 “We love you Herschel! Your example inspires us every day!”

Michelle’s Story, I met Michelle when she came to buy my bees for part of her Lyme’s disease recovery program with Emory University. She uses the bees for “bee sting therapy” and she told me it is working. Last week I was able to share the gospel with her. She said, “I have never heard that before.” Please ask God to heal her physically and spiritually through Christ as her Savior.


Family Vacation It is a challenge to get 36 Nelson’s to gather for vacation. It made me wonder how did Moses lead 2-3 million Jews in the desert. God gave our entire family, including all 21 grands, a rich time together! We swam, went for boat rides, hiked, went for runs, played games,

 

Jasper being baptized by Julie



Briscoe with his parents and grandparents

had a night of worship, and enjoyed delicious meals and sweet fellowship together. One of the highlights was when Jasper  and Briscoe were baptized by their parents.

The verse printed on the back of our shirts says it all, "I have no greater joy than this, to hear of my children walking in the truth. But watch out! The Nelsons like to run!" ” 3 John 1:4

 Prayer Requests

1.      Pray for Michelle and all our grandchildren to choose Jesus and then grow as His disciples.

2.      Pray for Danelle’s total knee replacement surgery, August 18th, and for a quick recovery.

3.      Pray for Ukraine to defeat the Russians so the war can end. Pray for revival in both nations.

 

Your prayers and financial support are essential in our ministry. Thank you for being our partners!

Steve & Danelle                          

                                      


                                                                                                                                                        

 

            wwww.reliant.org 11002 Lake Hart Dr, Suite 100, Orlando, FL 32832    www.gcmnelson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment