“But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men. The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom you put to death by hanging Him on a cross. He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins. And we are witnesses of these things; and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him.” Acts 5:29-32
Aren’t you glad that the Lord Jesus did not come to condemn the world but to forgive our sins? He still grants repentance freely to all (Jew and Gentile) who are willing to come. He wants us to seek Him and find Him. He promises, “You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:13 And, He is seeking us as well! Jesus said it this way, “For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.” Luke 19:10 I shared this promise with Ken recently…
Atlanta Church Ken is a fellow beekeeper. He came over to our house to buy a hive of bees, and I asked him about his spiritual interests. He said, “I was raised as Buddhist but did not find what I was looking for. My wife is a Christian, so I tried Christianity. But that didn’t work either. Now I am back to Buddhism, but I am still searching.” I said, “That’s great! God promises you will find him if you seek him with all your heart. The other cool thing is, He is searching for you as well! He wants you. He loves you and wants a relationship with you!” I will see Ken again when he returns some beekeeping equipment and I look forward to following up our conversation. He is one of the many people we are sharing the Good News with here in Atlanta.
War In Ukraine This war is personal for us. Bogdan is a friend of ours who is fighting the Russians on the Eastern front. For more than 20 years, he and his wife Anya, have run a ministry for teenagers who were in state orphanages. Orphans must leave the state-run orphanage at sixteen, and they often turn to prostitution, drugs, and alcohol because they can’t cope with life. Bogdan, and Anya invite some of them to live with them at Safe Haven where they help them transition and introduce them to Jesus Christ. Anya, their children, and most of the orphans, fled the country after the war began, while Bogdan had to stay and fight in the army. Last week, two friends in his group were killed. He went back to Kiev to bury his two friends. One of the teenage orphans, also in his group, was wounded. Bogdan took him the hospital where he is recovering. It is a real war with real casualties! Thank you for praying!!
Family Wedding This week Danelle and I are going to Pittsburgh to attend our niece’s wedding. It will be bittersweet, as her brother, Jack, fell and hit his head a few weeks ago. He was put into an induced coma for a few weeks. He is conscious now but still has several serious issues.
1. Ken Pray for his salvation, along with the others we share Christ with here in Atlanta.
2. Ukraine For God to protect Bogdan, Genady, and others we know, who are defending their country. Pray for the families who are separated. Ask God to give Ukraine the victory soon.
3. Family Needs For my Uncle Dave, Sister-in-law Pat, Brother-in-law Jack, who all have serious health issues and need our prayers. Pray for Danelle and me to be an encouragement to her family this week as well. Pray for our niece, Emilee, to have a great celebration and marriage too!
4. The Gospel to spread in Ukraine, Russia, all of Europe, and the world because of the war.
5. Ukraine Relief Fund If you still wish to help with the humanitarian needs, please give here: https://reliant.org/ukraine.relief.fund 100% of your gift goes directly to meet the needs of specific Ukrainian refugees we know and to those people who are still in Ukraine. We have heard numerous stories of gratitude from those who have been helped by your gifts! Thank you!
Yours in Christ’s unfailing love,
Steve & Danelle
wwww.reliant.org 11002 Lake Hart Dr, Suite 100, Orlando, FL 32832 www.gcmnelson.com
Post a Comment