“For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus, so that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.” Romans 15:4-6
Dear Ministry Partners,
I love these promises! We all need encouragement and perseverance, especially when the tough times drag on.
Ukraine The war in Ukraine drags on with the Russians pulling out of Kiev and northern Ukraine to concentrate on the south and east of Ukraine. A land bridge to Crimea would cripple the Ukrainian economy. The Ukrainians have lasted longer than anyone thought, except them! God is answering our prayers. Praise Him!! As the war continues we need to not give up, but persevere in prayer against the spiritual forces of darkness behind this atrocity.
Pastors & Wives Conference Danelle and I attended this annual conference early this month. The emphasis was on how to strengthen our marriages – how to improve our communication, respectfully express our hearts to each other, and to lay down our lives. It was a good time as always. The highlight was connecting with our friends.
Chicago Memorial Service Our good friend, Marilyn Brown, asked me to lead a memorial service for her late husband, Richard Brown, in Chicago where they were married. It was a small gathering of family and friends, but big on special memories and encouragement from the Scripture. It helped to bring closure for Marilyn and her family.
Florida State University We got home from Chicago and immediately took off to Tallahassee to work with college students. We spoke about Ukraine one evening, had personal time with some of the leaders, and spoke about the value of work at their Sunday morning meeting. I was encouraged by their hearts to learn revealed by their questions and interactions. Praise God!!
A few more verses about endurance to help you persevere in prayer:
“For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised.” Hebrews 10:36
“Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us…” Hebrews 12:1
“…knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.” James 1:3
“We count those blessed who endured. You have heard of the endurance of Job and have seen the outcome of the Lord’s dealings, that the Lord is full of compassion and is merciful.” James 5:11
Please Pray For:
1. Ukraine to endure and win the war. To retake all their sovereign lands. God to end this soon.
2. The Russian Army to be convicted of their evil acts, listen to their conscience (the Holy Spirit), and turn to Christ for forgiveness and eternal life.
3. Putin Pray for him to be removed from office. He is the main cause of this ongoing tragedy.
4. The Gospel to spread in Ukraine, Russia, all of Europe, and the world as a result! John 3:16
5. The Refugee’s their continuing need for housing, food, clothing, and most of all, for healing that comes from their relationship with Christ. If they don’t know Him yet, that they would soon.
6. Refugee Support Pray for those in America and Europe who provide housing, transportation, food, clothing, and medicine, to the refugees & those still in Ukraine. They need endurance.
7. Give If you wish to help with the continuing needs mentioned above, please give to the Ukraine Relief Fund that Reliant set up. These funds help meet the needs of the 2,000+ Christians in our network. You can give here: https://reliant.org/ukraine.relief.fund You can also mail your gift to Reliant at the address below. God bless you for making a difference in these precious lives!
8. FSU Pray for the students to grow in Christ-likeness with love for each other & the lost. Pray for them to be motivated by God’s love to embrace God’s work ethic now as a witness for Christ.
Yours in Christ’s unfailing love,
Steve & Danelle