Spring is especially welcomed here in Ukraine because it signals the end of the long, cold winter! These are some pictures I took at the Botanical Gardens last weekend. Although ironically, it is snowing as I write this on May 2nd!
We are approaching the end of our two years of Russian school. We have finals at the end of this month. It has stretched our faith and our minds!
We have enjoyed reaching out to our neighbors with the gospel through our English club each week. Here are some photos in our home. The young couple on the left, Vlaude and Lena, recently discovered they will have their first child in December! We’re men-toring this couple from Spring of Hope Church.
We continue to build relationships with Alexander and Sveta at the pool, Nadia, Anatoly, Bakrom and Feruz at the market, and our neighbors Natalie and Vlaude.
We are thankful for the opportunity to be in Atlanta this summer. Our daughter Merry will be working at Foundations for the Future. Merry and I will also go to JH Ranch for a Father/Daughter Adventure. My brother and sister have highly recommended JH Ranch from their experience. Merry will also attend GCM high school Leadership Training (LT). I will travel to Missouri to attend the Great Commission Pastor’s Conference. Of course we will visit family, friends and churches. We hope we can see many of you saints!.
“As for the saints who are in the land, they are the glorious ones in whom is all my delight.” Psalm 16:3Please Pray for these needs. Thank you!
- Russian School: We would do well on the final exams at the end of May.
- Political crisis: President Yushinko dissolved parliament and has called for new elections in June. We are safe, but there is a serious struggle for power that will affect many.
- Salvation: That God would open the hearts of all of those mentioned above.
- Merry: That her summer work experience would build her character. That LT would build her faith. That JH Ranch would knit our hearts closer to Jesus and each other.
- Summer: That God would give us quality time with our children, family and friends.
- Support: Thank you for supporting us! Your gifts make it possible for us to serve here.
Yours to reach the lost and make disciples,
Steve and Danelle