|They shipped us over in a scoff!|
(Russian for closet)
Greetings from Ukraine!Well, we have been here for four weeks and things are actually going pretty smoothly. We finally bought some chairs on Friday – up until now we have had these little hard stools for the kitchen table (the room is too small to fit chairs) and some kitchen chairs around the table in the hallway that are so fragile you have to sit on them very gingerly. Our sofa will arrive in a few weeks, so in the meantime the four of us take turns sitting on our two comfortable – and they ARE comfortable - chairs.
Language school has been incredibly challenging. The first day we met our teachers was interesting. They filed into the room, 4 young women and one
|Our teacher Galina|
& student Amberlee
|Timmy & Kenyon Powers|
When we were moving from our home I discovered an old cross stitch I had done years ago. I ended up packing it and it is now hanging in our kitchen.
Psalm 37: 3, 4
“Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness;
Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.”
|Merry & Spoon|
|Grace & Blencheke|
That is the Russian word for
Our cat in America is Pancake.
Would you please pray:
- Language school would go well – that we would persevere (it is SO hard and draining!) Pray that we would learn quickly and deeply.
- The girls got 2 kittens and then after a few days we found out that they have kitty fever and a 20% chance of living - so Steve and I are giving EACH cat 4 shots every night – last night one bit Steve and I stuck myself with the needle! (There is a great story behind this but no time to tell you now - for now just know we sterilize the needles with vodka – that is what the doctor told me to buy!)
- That our children and parents would continue to do well in our absence.
- Grace and Merry continue to adjust and make friends. Their school has a retreat September 30 – pray they would bond with some and grow in their relationship with God.
- Grace has incredible piano and voice teachers – another great story for another time – pray she would really enjoy it and not feel overwhelmed and she would learn a lot.
- Grow in love and unity with the team here in Kiev.
|Steve’s first race in Ukraine.|
Masha & Laurie cheering.
If you care to receive only an e-mail copy of this newsletter please send us an email request.
Yours in Christ’s unchanging love,
Steve, Danelle, Grace and Merry