|4th of July Picnic in Ukraine|
This summer we had an opportunity to speak in several churches and visit personally with many of you when we returned to America. Recently we started our second year of Russian language school and so far things are going pretty well. This fall I will be working more with Spring of Hope Church – speaking occasionally on Sundays and working with the church leadership team. We are thankful for this opportunity to help this church while continuing our Russian studies.
|The Hot Biscuit Race|
Girls Off to College
We came back to Georgia to take Grace to Shorter College in Rome where she is majoring in voice. We also took Stephanie to Athens. She transferred to the University of Georgia where she is majoring in Math and Math education. We enjoyed speaking and visiting with our friends at Downtown Community Fellowship in Athens too.
|Matt and Amanda|
Weddings on the Horizon!
Our two sons Scott and Matthew both got engaged while we were at home this summer! Scott will marry Maria Rodriguez in Atlanta on December 9th and Matthew will marry Amanda Helton in Athens on January 5th. We are very thankful for these two godly young ladies and look forward to having them in our family! We plan to leave Ukraine in time for my father’s 84th birthday December 7th.
|Scott and Maria|
Next we will celebrate Scott and Maria’s wedding. Matthew will graduate from the University of Georgia on December 16th. Yea! We will enjoy Christmas and New Years with our family, followed by Matthew and Amanda’s wedding in early January.
- The birth of Jasper Louise, Julie and Matthew’s daughter, in October.
- We need God’s help to learn Russian.
- Our two son’s marriages. God would prepare them and their spouses for a lifetime of love for each other and devotion to Christ and His cause.
- Grace and Stephanie adjust to college life and mature in their faith.
- Our GCM team would understand God’s plans for us in Ukraine and grow closer to each other. We would be devoted to prayer, evangelism and training leaders.
Your fellow ambassadors,
Steve, Danelle and Merry