Danelle, Merry and I leave Atlanta, Georgia on August 17th to return to Kiev, Ukraine to serve God by spreading the gospel of Christ. The gospel is a message that brings hope and peace to people who are lost, dead in sin and deceived by Satan. It is about how to have a relationship with God through Jesus Christ - the Savior of the world! It is about real freedom. It is beautiful! Thank you all for sending us on this mission. We want to be more effective in reaching out, loving and helping Ukrainians own the mission, God’s mission. We need God’s grace and we need your fervent prayers! Specific requests:
- Pray for our team to be more catalytic. We want to start new English clubs, new churches and empower and train new Ukrainian leaders. Pray for boldness.
- Pray for Danelle and I as we work alongside young couples to evangelize their friends and neighbors using their apartments so they will take more ownership.
- Pray for the outreach at a local Sports School near our home. I have a good relationship with some of the coaches. We want opportunities to be with students.
- Continued perseverance in learning the Russian language.
- A great Senior year for Merry and wisdom for her choice of college.
President Yushenko dissolved the parliament this spring and there will be new elections in September. Please ask God for a peaceful and fair election and for Ukrainians to not be apathetic but to vote. Pray they would also understand even good government is not the hope they are looking for. It is a crucial election and could affect our work in Ukraine!
Our summer was a wonderful blessing. First of all, we were so thankful to be with my parents, our children, and our perfect granddaughter, as well as many of you. In June, Steve and Merry went to JH Ranch in California through the generosity of a good friend and had some great bonding time together. We went to the beach with Steve’s family, a family reunion in Pennsylvania with Danelle’s family, the mountains with our children, and have eaten the summer away. We look forward to walking it all off in Ukraine. Whitney’s premier art exhibition at Timothy Tew Gallery in Atlanta was a big success in July and we couldn’t be prouder. As we separate again, please pray for us as we are more aware than ever of the spiritual battle for our lives – if Satan can’t get us to quit he can get at us by targeting our family.
A Funny from my friend Will: “What do you get if you cross an insomniac, an agnostic, and a dyslexic? Someone who stays awake at night wondering if there really is a dog.”