Monday, May 14, 2018

How You Start Determines How You Finish


“So we see that they were not able to enter because of unbelief.” Hebrews 3:19

Before I even began my search, I doubted myself. My unbelief totally influenced my search. If it weren’t for God’s grace, the end would have been just as discouraging.

Early one morning I shot a deer with my bow, or at least I thought I did. Immediately after taking the shot, I thought I had missed. When I got down from my tree stand to search for the deer, my doubt totally influenced my search. I was half-hearted. I did a perfunctory walk through the woods with little hope and a ton of self-abasement. What did I do wrong? After beating myself up, I had to cross a ditch on my return route. Guess what was in the ditch? I would never have found him if God had not directed my steps. He wanted me to find the deer, but even more importantly, He wanted to teach me about faith! His lesson was, “If you begin anything with doubt, you only set yourself up for failure.”

Start each journey with trusting God. A new job, a new friendship, a new marriage, or even looking for your lost keys will be done with faith in God or doubt. It’s your choice. Ask Him to help you. Expect Him to come through. Even if you don’t get what you hope for, you will have pleased God with your faith. “And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.” (Hebrews 11:6) 

Ask God to give you the grace to trust Him, no matter how bleak things look. He will!

No comments:

Post a Comment