Saturday, September 16, 2017

Are You Ready To Die?

No man has authority to restrain the wind with the wind, or authority over the day of death. – Ecclesiastes 8:8


Are you ready to die? That may sound like a strange question to you. It may sound morbid. Actually, if one is not ready to die, then one cannot live wisely and freely. When we know that our eternity is sure, and our destiny is to live in the presence of the Almighty, then we can live life with the end in mind. With the ending secure, we live wisely. We know why we are here and what truly matters. We live backwards with our eternal destiny in mind. That is the only way to make the most of your life.
A few months ago I thought I might go be with Jesus in heaven. I had vertigo on the way to airport as my wife and I were going to Ukraine to minister where we had lived for six years. By the time I got to the airport, I could not walk. Two and a half hours later we missed our flight, and they attempted to take me to the doctor. Instead I ended up in the hospital. While in transit, I passed out and began vomiting and having convulsions. I thought I might be going home—to my eternal home. It scared my wife and children, to say the least! After an exhaustive number of tests, the medical staff didn’t find anything. We went to Ukraine three days later and had a fantastic time.

Live each day as if it is your last. Don’t get caught off guard. Be ready; like the Boy Scout motto says, “Be prepared.” Live each day to be faithful and fruitful for Christ, for “He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much” (Luke 16:10).

No comments:

Post a Comment