Faithwalkers December 27-31 Danelle & I went to Asheville, NC to participate in the annual Great Commission conference with 800 students (photo below). Our marriage seminar went well, with many deep questions at the end. Brian Bridgeman had asked Steve to assist him with teaching, “How To Avoid The Comparison Trap.” At the last minute, Brian’s little girl got sick, and he and his wife had to take her home. God gave Steve much grace to teach the entire seminar to an enthusiastic overflow crowd. Praise God! Thank you for praying!
A Personal Testimony Have you ever noticed how personal testimonies are constantly used on the radio and television to sell products from dog food to diets, from cars to dating services? People testify as to the effectiveness of a product or service. Hard to beat that! We listen. We remember. Often, we buy!
The Apostle Paul shared his personal testimony of his conversion with everyone who would listen. It was often the starting point for preaching the good news of the gospel to Jews, Gentiles, prisoners, Kings, and everyone he met. “But when Silas and Timothy came down from Macedonia, Paul began devoting himself completely to the word, solemnly testifying to the Jews that Jesus was the Christ.” Acts 18:5
We are going to include a testimony tract in each newsletter for the next few months, for your edification and inspiration. Maybe you want to write yours? Let us know if we can help.
Secure In An Insecure World Do you know any Hispanic folks that need to find a personal relationship with Jesus, or any that could benefit from understanding Biblical principles for marriage and relationships? The Spanish edition of Steve’s book fits that bill, and it is now available on Amazon! It is a great tool to give to your unbelieving friends, as it contains Steve’s testimony and a clear presentation of the gospel. The book is useful to those who are dating or considering getting married.
Clemson Danelle and I will teach a seminar for students at Clemson and Southern Wesleyan over Valentines weekend, February 14-15. Pray for God to change lives!
1. Valentines Conference. Pray for many college students to come and invite their unbelieving friends. Pray for Danelle and I to be empowered by the Spirit, for needs to be met, and relationships transformed.
2. Secure In An Insecure World. Ask God to use the new Spanish and English versions to change lives around the world!
3. House Church Ask God to use our house church to lead many to Jesus in Atlanta, including internationals – Hispanic, Russian, etc. Pray for our faith to be strengthened. Hebrews 11:6.
4. Ukraine. You may have heard about the ongoing political upheaval in Ukraine and the protests in the streets. Timmy Powers is presently in Ukraine until February 12th. Pray for his ministry to be effective and for his safety and health. Our friends there tell us that God is using this bad situation to bring people to Him. Pray for true peace through people turning to Christ.
5. Summer Plans. Please pray for clear direction, the finances, and God’s grace for us as we plan to go to Spain and Orlando this summer to teach students at LINC (Labors Impacting Nations for Christ) in both of these locations.
Yours in Christ’s love,
Steve and Danelle